Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Victory Beyond Competition

Popo decided to finally show face today. What a glorious sight!

Today was the last day before the tournament. In the morning we had breakfast and team time in the caf. Katie spoke on the last AIA Principle - Victory Beyond Competition. This principle focused on living with an eternal perspective and using our talents for the Lord completely and immediately.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I wouldn't have a single bit of talent left and I could say, 'I used everything You gave me.'"
                                                                                                       --Erma Bombeck

The girls practiced with the UDLAP basketball team and then joined most of the team for lunch in the caf. At 4 o'clock we left to go help at a basketball camp. Two girls from UDLAP were able to join us.

We partnered up with a missionary family who focuses on reaching a poor neighborhood in Puebla. They organized a 2-hour basketball camp that we led. 

 (above) Katie and Marnie lead the kids in a cheer as they get ready to switch stations. 

The kids cycled through five different stations, played dribble tag, and participated in a dribble relay. Amy is leading the kids through some defensive drills in the picture above.

I (Mandi) shared my testimony, and Marnie translated. The kids sat attentively, and the rain held off until after the story. Praise God! The kids wanted to keep playing, even after the scheduled 2 hour camp was over. They were so precious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment